NANKHATAI| COOKIES

The only thing I wanted to learn from the longest time is how to make perfect cookies and biscuits. And guess what? Today's try at making the perfect Nankhatai cookies really went well and finally I can say that I bake some good cookies. I followed my grandma's simple yet yummy recipe. Actually I love it just that way. 
'Nankhatai' is an authentic Indian cookie that can be easily prepared at home. It can be baked both in sweet and savory and the most interesting part is that it's eggless.
These  super delicious buttery cookies has been the favourite chai-time snack for many Indians. However I like my buttery Nankhatais with milk. Today my house almost smelled like this buttery Nankathais and guess what we had these for our breakfast and also saved a jar for my grandparents.
Wondering how to make these delicious shortbread cookies?? Here's an easy recipe you can follow and bake these babies in just a few simple steps.
The word Nankhatai is derived from Persian word Naan meaning bread and "Khatai" from a Dari Persian word meaning Biscuit. In Afghanistan and Northeast Iran, these biscuits are called Kulcha-e-Khataye. To read moreclick here.
The main ingredients required to make these Nankhatais are Wheat flour, Rice flour, Butter, Powdered Sugar, Milk/Yogurt, Salt, Honey and Baking Powder. However I've added Cardamom Powder and Gram flour to add some extra flavour. 
So, let's start with the recipe.
Ingredients:-
1.100gms Maida
2. 100gms Butter
3.50gms Powder Sugar
4.50gms Gram Flour/Besan
5.1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
6. 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
7. 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
8. 2 tablespoon Milk
Process:-
1. In a bowl add butter and sugar as whisk it well.
2. In the same bowl seive in the dry ingredients- maida, gram flour, baking powder and baking soda and cardamom powder
3.Now add 2 tablespoon of milk to bind the cookie dough.
4. Rest the cookie dough for atleast 1 hour.
5. After an hour make equal portions of the cookie dough.
6. Top them with seasme seeds.
7. Preheat the oven for 10 mins and then bake at 180°C for 20 mins.
Enjoy these super easy buttery Nankhatais with milk or chai/tea. Do try it once and if you try this don't forget to tag me in Instagram. If you are not following me there then click here to follow me. For more food stories you can also follow me at FACEBOOK and ZOMATO. Till then take care and eat well.

Comments

Post a Comment